Notes For Selecting Welding Wire For Welding Aluminum:
The selection welding wire for welding aluminum and aluminum alloy , we need to think about good welding process performance and make welding butt joint ( that is based on container's requirements) meeting requirements on tensile strength and plasticity.The aluminum magnesium alloy with more than 3% magnesium content should meet the requirements of the impact toughness. For containers with strong corrosion resistance, make corrosion resistance of welding butt joint reach or close to the level of mother material.Therefore, the selection of welding wire is mainly according to the following principles:
1) The purity of pure aluminum wire is generally not lower than that of the mother material
2) The chemical composition for welding wire of welding aluminum alloy is generally the same or similar to that of mother material.
3) The corrosion resistance elements (magnesium, manganese, silicon, etc.) in welding wire for welding aluminum alloy are not lower than those of mother material.
4) When work on dissimilar welding aluminum materials, the welding wire should be selected according to the mother material with high corrosion resistance and high strength.
5) High strength aluminum alloys that do not require corrosion resistance (heat treatment reinforced aluminum alloy) can be welded with dissimilar components, such as good anti cracking aluminum silicon alloy welding wire SAlSi-1 (Pay attention that strength may be lower than the mother material).
Models Of Welding Wire For Welding Aluminum
In order to achieve the best welding effect,It is recommended to match the following wire with the mother material for the MIG/TIG welding of aluminum or aluminum alloy with bobbin or longitudinal incision.
ER1100 For Welding ALuminum
ER1100 is a filler metal containing 99% aluminum, which can be used in building, decoration and equipment, metallurgy, piping, spinning equipment and other industries. It is generally applied to 1100, 3003 or 3003 and 1060, 1070, 1080 and 1350 similar to the mother material. The welding wire showed slight gold yellow after anodizing, and the tensile strength of the weld was 110 MP.
ER4043 For Welding ALuminum
ER4043, usually as ALSi1, is an aluminum filled metal containing 5% silicon, which can be recommended for welding 3003, 3004, 5052, 6061, 6063 and casting metals 355, 356 and 214. The melting point temperature of ER4043 ranges from 1065°F to 1170°F, and the color is white gray after anodization, and the minimum tensile strength is 186 Mp.
ER4047 For Welding ALuminum
ER4047 is usually used as a ALSi2, an aluminum filled metal containing 12% silicon. This alloy is not only available for MIG or TIG applications, but also as a common use of copper alloy. It has good corrosion resistance. It is a popular alloy welding wire for copper or aluminum welding. It can be used for the welding of alloy 1060 and 1350, 3003, 3004, 3005, 5005, 5050, 6053, 6061, 6951, 7005 and alloy alloy 7005 and 7005. The melting point temperature of ER4047 is about 1070 - 1080°F, and the color is black after anodization.
ER5183 For Welding ALuminum
ER5183 is usually filled with metal as ALMg4.5Mn alloy, containing 4.3 - 5% magnesium, 0.5 - 1% manganese and proper chromium and titanium, which can be used for welding of MIG or TIG in a shaft or longitudinal incision. This alloy is generally used for welding in ships, drilling equipment, trains, cars, storage tanks, and pressure vessels. The mother material used includes 5083, 5086, 5456, 5052, 5652 and 5056. The color of ER5183 after anodization is white, the melting point temperature is 1075——1180°F, and the tensile strength of the weld is 294 MP.
ER5356 For Welding ALuminum
ER5356, usually as ALMg5, is an aluminum alloy filled with 5% magnesium and can be used in MIG or TIG welding. It has good corrosion resistance to seawater. It is generally applied to 5050, 5052, 5083, 5356, 5454, and 5456 welding as a mother material. Its color is white after anodizing and its tensile strength is 290 MP.
Previous: No Information