What is CNC?
CNC (CNC machine) is the abbreviation of Computer numerical control machine (Computernumericalcontrol), which is an automatic machine tool controlled by program. The control system can logically process a program having a control code or other symbol command specification, and decode it by a computer, thereby causing the machine tool to perform a prescribed action, and the blank material is processed into a semi-finished finished part by tool cutting.
Compared with ordinary machine tools, CNC machine tools have the following characteristics:
●High processing precision and stable processing quality;
●Multi-coordinate linkage can be performed to process parts with complex shapes;
●When the machined parts are changed, generally only need to change the NC program, which can save production preparation time;
●The machine tool itself has high precision and rigidity, and can choose favorable processing amount, and the productivity is high (usually 3~5 times of ordinary machine tools);
●The degree of automation of the machine tool is high, which can reduce the labor intensity;
● Batch production, product quality is easy to control;
●The quality of the operators is low, and the technical requirements for maintenance personnel are high.
What is flexibility? “Flexibility” is relative to “rigidity”. The traditional “rigid” automated production line mainly realizes mass production of a single variety.
Flexibility can be expressed in two ways
One aspect refers to the flexible reaction capacity of production capacity, that is, the small batch production capacity of machinery and equipment: its advantage is high productivity, because the equipment is fixed, the equipment utilization rate is very high, and the cost of a single product is very low. The era of mass production is gradually being replaced by production that adapts to dynamic market changes. The viability and competitiveness of a manufacturing automation system depends to a large extent on whether it can produce lower costs in a short development cycle. The ability of higher quality products of different varieties. Flexibility already occupies a very important position.
The second aspect refers to the agility and precise response capabilities of the supply chain.
In flexible manufacturing, the supply chain system responds to production and distribution of individual requirements. From the traditional "production-supply-sale-people-financial-materials" to "sales by sales", the production instructions are completely triggered by consumers. The value chain is manifested as “human-financial-production-material-sales”, which is a fully-oriented activity with a clear personality.
Flexible production lines have the following characteristics:
(1) The machine is flexible, and the system's machinery and equipment have the ability to process different parts as the product changes;
(2) Process flexibility, the system can determine the corresponding process according to the change of the processing object or the change of raw materials;
(3) After the product is flexible, the product is updated or completely turned, the system not only has the inheritability and compatibility of the useful features of the old products, but also has the ability to produce new products quickly and economically;
(4) The production capacity is flexible. When the production volume changes, the system can respond in a timely manner and operate economically;
(5) Maintenance flexibility, the system can query and handle faults in a variety of ways to ensure normal production;
(6) Expanding flexibility, when production needs, it is easy to expand the system structure, add modules, and form a larger manufacturing system.