Stainless steel is a common steel, and a lot of products are made of this kind of steel. However, we must use this kind of steel to produce the products they need, you need to process it, in which there is a process called stainless steel bending, which is used to process needs in many products, and this process has certain requirements, need to follow some common methods. Is the need to carry out according to the characteristics of stainless steel itself.
Because of the high yield point of stainless steel, high hardness and remarkable hardening effect, the characteristics of stainless steel plate bending are as follows:
1) because the thermal conductivity is worse than the ordinary low carbon steel, the elongation is low and the required deformation force is great.
2) when the stainless steel sheet is bent, it has a strong rebound tendency compared with carbon steel.
3) because of the low elongation of the stainless steel plate relative to the carbon steel, the bending angle of the workpiece is greater than the carbon steel at the bending angle of R, otherwise there is a possibility of cracking.
4) because the hardness of the stainless steel plate is high and the cold hardening effect is notable. Therefore, when selecting the bending tool, the tool steel with heat treatment hardness of 60HRC or more must be selected. The surface roughness of the tool steel is about an order of magnitude higher than that of the carbon steel bending tool.
According to the above characteristics, generally speaking:
1. unit size, the thicker the plate, the greater the bending force, and as the thickness of the plate increases in the choice of bending equipment, the margin of bending force should be greater.
2. unit size, the greater the tensile strength and the smaller the elongation, the greater the bending force and the greater the bending angle.
3. design of plate thickness and bending radius of the corresponding case, according to the experience of a bending workpiece unfold size is rectangular sum minus two thickness can meet the design requirements, according to the empirical formula for calculating the expansion quantity can be simplified calculation process greatly improves the production efficiency;
The greater the yield strength of the 4. material is, the greater the resilience is, and the smaller the angle of the cutter is to be designed for the angle of the 90 degree of bending. The bending angle of the stainless steel with the same thickness as carbon steel is larger. This point should be paid special attention to otherwise the bending crack will appear and the strength of the workpiece will be affected.